At illumis, we’re building a platform for public data access. We integrate data from thousands of public records data sources (e.g. balkanized government data like business registrations and licenses, contract data, political contribution and lobbying records and much more) and make it easily accessible and actionable for our customers – which include some of the world’s largest largest financial institutions, media organizations, and political organizations and campaigns. They rely on our platform to provide them with the information they need to know, when they need to know it. We are looking for a talented and tenacious individual to join our team and work on the front lines of our business development efforts.
As a business development representative, your job is to identify leads and engage accounts in the industries we serve - principally financial services, but other sectors as well. You will play an essential role in creating market awareness, identifying prospective customers, qualifying leads and generating new business for the company. The ideal candidate for this role is creative, competitive, organized, and most comfortable when hustling. You are an ambitious, results driven team player and you’re the kind of person who thrives on exceeding goals and expectations.
In this role, you’ll:
- Build sales processes: Increase efficacy and efficiency as one of our early business development hires.
- Identify Leads: Research and develop new strategies for engaging potential customer accounts in the industries we serve.
- Set and Meet Daily, Weekly, and Quarterly Goals: Help build out a robust pipeline and create goals that hold you accountable and motivate you day-to-day.
- Maintain diligent records: Manage and update data in our CRM to ensure we have reliable data to help guide decision making.
- Manage follow-ups: Work with the sales team to manage leads and inbound follow-ups
What we're looking for in a team member:
- You get the job done, regardless of the obstacles
- You are always curious and excited to learn new things
- Strong written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be growing company revenue at a young but growing company, so you’ll need to hit the ground running and take ownership over your work
- Comfortable communicating with dozens of leads each day, while tracking and maintaining accurate records
- 1+ years of equivalent experience with a SaaS/Enterprise software technology vendor, or applicable online research skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this role will start-off remote but will move into a NYC-based office as conditions improve.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We value diverse opinions, backgrounds and experiences, and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.